Functioning of the Board
Procedure of Referring Vacancies to the Board
The Department under jurisdiction of council are required under rules to refer all vacancies of District cadre posts comprising all whether executive, ministerial or technical, maximum of the pay scale does not exceed 2040/-per month, revised as per SRO 193, Level-4 (25500-81100) to the Board by 15th January of every year strictly in accordance with SRO 166 of 2005 dated. 14th January, 2005, as amended from time to time, for making selection of candidates for appointment to the post.
While referring the vacancies to the Board, the Department shall specify the number of posts for which selection to be made from the reserved categories;
Procedure of Selection
The Board shall make selection to the various posts in the following manner;-
- • The Board on receipt of the reference of vacancies, advertise the posts communicate copies of the advertisements in the media so as to give wide publicity; inviting applications from the permanent residents of Leh District of Jammu and Kashmir State.
- • The Board shall conduct a written test or practical test if required for short listing the candidates for admission to the oral test and shall ordinarily restrict the number of applications for oral test, to at the maximum of five times the number of vacancies .
Recruitment and Selection
- The Board shall finalize the selections after holding such tests or examinations as may be prescribed under rules.
- The Board while making selections and allocating candidates to various posts shall strictly adhere to reservation rules as laid down under SRO 294 of 2005 amended as on date.
- The Board shall finalize the selection list which shall be equal to the number of vacancies for which requisition was made and recommend it to the concerned appointing authority;
- The Board shall also finalize waiting list of 50% of the total number of posts advertised, which shall extend to 100% where the number of vacancies is 10(ten) or less.
- The selection list shall remain in force for a period of one year from the date it is accepted by the appointing authority;.